Physio Led Postnatal Pilates Classes
As a new mum myself, I have a keen interest in Postnatal care for woman- which is why I have developed Physio Led Postnatal Pilates Classes.
Coming soon to a Gloucestershire location, these classes aim to improve your physical condition so that you can cope with the demands of the postnatal period. Such as, prolonged postures obtained for carrying and feeding your baby, lifting and carrying increased weight, and the safe re-introduction to cardiovascular exercise which can aid weight loss.
As well as helping your body cope through this busy and exciting time in your life, cardiovascular exercise should also be encouraged and can offer the following benefits for postnatal women.
- Assist weight loss.
- Prevention of incontinence.
- Recovery from rectus diastasis.
- Strengthens the abdominal muscles.
- Strengthens and re-trains the pelvic floor.
- Maintains bone density.
- Assists with overall muscle tone and strength.
- Increases cardiovascular fitness.
- Social interaction.
(SMA 2013, Davenport et al 2011, Lee 2008, RCOG 2006)